Anti - Modern Slavery Policy
Anti – Modern Slavery Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure Skandia Antennas Pty Ltd’s commitment to utilising ethical suppliers and ensuring that any modern slavery risks in Skandia Antennas Pty Ltd’s supply chain are identified and that steps are taken to address these risks.
Modern slavery is an ongoing issue worldwide. The World Economic Forum has found that slavery in supply chains amounts to $150 billion USD of illicit profits a year and that there are 46 million victims of modern slavery. Unfortunately, two-thirds of modern slavery occurs in the Asia – Pacific region, where many Australian supply chains extend.
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as:
- Slavery, servitude (coercing someone to provide services) and forced and compulsory labour;
- Human trafficking (arranging or facilitating the travel or movement of a victim with a view to them being exploited);
- Committing any offence with the intention to commit human trafficking;
- Aiding, abetting, counselling or procuring any of the above offences,
All of these practices deprive individuals of their liberty in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. Skandia Antennas Pty Ltd has a commitment to conduct its business and all its relationships based on integrity.
Skandia Antennas Pty Ltd has a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of modern slavery and human trafficking within its business and within its supply chain and is committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all its business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in its own business or in any of its supply chains.
To underpin our policy commitments, Skandia Antennas Pty Ltd shall endeavour to;
- Conduct risk assessments to determine which parts of our own business and which of our supply chains are most at risk from modern slavery so we can focus our efforts on those areas most ‘at risk’
- Where appropriate, as informed by our risk assessment, engage directly with new suppliers in respect of our anti-slavery policy to gain a proper understanding of the measures they have in place to ensure that modern slavery is not occurring within their own business.
- Our contractual documentation will incorporate specific prohibition against slavery or servitude, the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, and the use of child labour in line with this policy.
- We also make provision for our contracted suppliers to hold their own suppliers to the same standards.
Skandia Antennas Pty Ltd is committed to ensuing adherence to this policy as part of its goal in preventing detecting and reporting modern slavery in any part of Skandia Antennas Pty Ltd’s supply chain. Skandia Antennas Pty Ltd encourages all those working on the Company’s behalf to avoid any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy.
Breaches to This Policy
The breach of this policy by an employee, director or officer of the company may lead to disciplinary action being taken in accordance with the Company’s Disciplinary Procedure. Serious breaches may be regarded as gross misconduct and can lead to immediate dismissal.
All colleagues will be expected to co-operate to the fullest extent possible in any investigation into suspected breaches of this policy or any related processes or procedures.
If any part of this policy is unclear, clarification should be sort by management.